Wednesday 11 July 2012

Paper LOVE...The heart of the home

We recently moved house and while I can deal with the chaos of unpacked boxes and misplaced china and silverware, not having anything on the walls is too much to bare. So I figured new house new piece of art...however therein lay the problem. Well two problems actually; 1. the artwork that I love all seems to be outrageously expensive and 2. I have this thing where I LOVE something new each week! 
So here was the solution...
I stumbled across this photo {taken at my little brothers birthday in February last year} that I had forgotten about but absolutely adore and had had this saying by E.E. Cummings floating around in my head for a while now and it seemed like lightning {or inspiration} struck! So it was a detour to Ikea on the way home from Mt Tamborine on Sunday to find a frame {the biggest one of course} and then I could size the image, add the words and have it printed. And then as they say voila instant artwork and happy walls!

Thea xx
P.s. I kinda love the way it turned out and so am thinking of having some made up to sell in store. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed! I'd love one! Bring it to me when you come? Unframed of course. I'll totally pay you for it :) Did you end up selling them in the shop? It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww shucks...of course I will bring you one!! No payment necessary crazy girl. They most certainly are available in the shop {& selling well :)}.

    ReplyDelete