Wednesday 18 July 2012

Dining out with Jean & Joyce

A little while ago some friends took us to a restaurant by the name of Carolina Kitchen that serves good ol' southern {American} style cooking. I mentioned this in passing to my dad {a little while ago} and suffice it to say I haven't heard the end of it. So last night we went... 
...I think he enjoyed it!

Complete with plastic check tablecloths and a fridge full of Dr Pepper you would be forgiven for thinking you had made a stop at a diner off Route 66. Diet be gone we ordered the whole hog {pun intended!}; BBQ ribs, a bucket of hot wings, cheeseburgers and chilli fries. Stuffed as we were we couldn't leave without trying the pie, both of them; pecan pie and pumpkin pie {the table was split 50/50 as to which was best, my vote was Pecan!}.

So if you find yourself in Coorparoo and have a hankering for some hearty comfort food make sure you stop by Carolina Kitchen...it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment